Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default how to get a hotter hot tub?

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote

Now I'm gonna go stick a knife in the toaster, eat some pork that's pink
in the middle, ride my bike without a helmet, and break another ground
plug off a power tool so it will fit in the outlet without an adaptor.
Why? Because I've evaluated the risk vs. reward, and find the ratio
acceptable to me.

Why don't you go stick your dick in the toaster. Be sure to lube it good
first.

Steve

Nah, that might burn. Why don't you go gather up a statistic for me that
shows how many people have been killed sticking a knife in a toaster?
Two parts, please. One pre-pop statistic, and one post-pop statistic.

Hell, I'll make it easier: Tell me, with citation, how many people are
*electrocuted* (shocked all the way to death) by 120 VAC in their home
every year, under any circumstances. (Hint: It's considerably less than
the number of fatal falls *on level ground!*)

You ninnies that are afraid of 120 VAC electricity are the kooks of the
world. I've been knocked across the room a half dozen times by the
40,000 volts in a TV picture tube, and another half-dozen times by the
450 volts of DC in the capacitor bank of big tube stereo amplifiers, in
the previous line of work. I can tell you the caps were worse.

I worked with a guy who could firmly grab the hot and neutral of 120
VAC, one in each hand, and stand there for as long as he wanted to. He
also did the 240 VAC for five or ten seconds at a shot. Neither of us
are dead yet. I'll be sure to post and update you as soon as I get
electrocuted in my home.

Now then, here's an amusing little multiple choice quiz for all you
assholes who tailgate, jabber on the cell phone while driving, etc.:
Approximately what are your chances of *dying* in a car accident,
sometime in your life, in the United States?

a. 1 in 50
b. 1 in 500
c. 1 in 5000