Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default abestos in the air, analysis recommendation?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I have more peace of mind than you do. I do know that when asbestos
is encapsulated it is perfectly safe. We used water spray to make
scraping easier and that knocks down any dust. Your money, so test
away as you please. I'll still sleep well in my house.

It's more than the cost of the test. If the test comes back positive, the
homeowner will probably have to disclose to a subsequent buyer that this
property may be deemed a toxic waste dump.

The hype over so many things stirred up by lawyer sis incredible. Good
article in Reader's Digest a month or so ago about some of the
asbestos cases and fraud. Mostly a money grab.

The most ghastly hysteria in recent years was the banning of silicone breast
implants. Millions of men suffered for many years until the hype died down
and silicone was re-approved.

Sad. Very sad.