Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Old Precision Tools... Help needed!

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:20:47 -0400, Fred Fowler III
wrote:

snip
Leon, how you found that patent on the caliper/divider I dinna know...
I tried every which way till Sunday to search for it with no luck. I
am well humbled ;-) Bookmarked that Datamp site too... Great!!!

It is just a worthless bit of ability I have, stubbornness
and more enjoyable than say mowing the lawn.

Considering the state of above said instrument, I reckon it to be
around the turn of the century, or if it is older, then someone did a
hell of a job restoring it. Works perfect.

The Starrett issue is easily resolved as was mentioned. I will email a
picture over to their technical department and see what I get. Could
be interesting to see what I find, all things considered, competition
& such.

If you hear back from Starrett I would be interested in what
they have to say about it. Shoot me an email if you don't
want to answer here. If I find out anything else about the
Starrett item I'll let you know too.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b