Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dryer's replacement drum/drive belt has only 4 ribs - is that OK?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:23:30 -0700, "
wrote:

My Dryer's manufacturer (Kenmore) lists that belt as P/N 661570.

I needed to replace the old one (since it was cracked) so I purchased
a new one on eBay. It came sealed in a bag manufactured by FSP. It has
the exact same number (661570) but... unlike the older (cracked) one,
it has only 4 ribs and measures only 1/4" wide.

The older one has 5 ribs and measures 5/16" wide.

Hmmm. If a rib is missing, expect to find a female machine soon.

Is this going to affect the machine in any way? Is it going to exert
unnecessary load on the motor, for example?

Thanks,
Sam