Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer's replacement drum/drive belt has only 4 ribs - is that OK?

My Dryer's manufacturer (Kenmore) lists that belt as P/N 661570.

I needed to replace the old one (since it was cracked) so I purchased
a new one on eBay. It came sealed in a bag manufactured by FSP. It has
the exact same number (661570) but... unlike the older (cracked) one,
it has only 4 ribs and measures only 1/4" wide.

The older one has 5 ribs and measures 5/16" wide.

Is this going to affect the machine in any way? Is it going to exert
unnecessary load on the motor, for example?

Thanks,
Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:23:30 -0700, "
wrote:

My Dryer's manufacturer (Kenmore) lists that belt as P/N 661570.

I needed to replace the old one (since it was cracked) so I purchased
a new one on eBay. It came sealed in a bag manufactured by FSP. It has
the exact same number (661570) but... unlike the older (cracked) one,
it has only 4 ribs and measures only 1/4" wide.

The older one has 5 ribs and measures 5/16" wide.

Hmmm. If a rib is missing, expect to find a female machine soon.