Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Sorta OT for Automation of Machine...

The other option is air pressure switches and assumptions. I like the
magnetic sensors on cylinder body suggestion much more.

I've got a better set-up than that... But only because the customer can not
handle the extra inout from a pressure switch on his PLC.

When my drill retracts, it also puts pressure to the clamps... And thre is
a built in pneumatic timer to make sure that they don't open immediately...
The clamps get full system pressure rather than post regulator pressure so
there is at least the expectation that they will open if there is no
obstruction... But no "proof" as I desire.

Customer thinks that the expectation is enough, but I want to offer the
"right" option so I don't get a call a year from now saying, "All your ER
spindles are bemt and my clamps are now a permanent part of one of my
parts..."
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.