Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Sorta OT for Automation of Machine...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Anyone know if there is such thing as a pneumatic swing arm clamp (DeStaco
type) that has a dry contact electrical switch to provide a "proof of open
clamp" signal? Can't be moving or rotating that pipe if the clamps are
still closed... And I can control the clamp close / open cycle with my
pneumatic controls but can't provide a "proof of open clamp" signal to his
PLC without an integrated product...

Many pneumatic cylinders have reed or hall effect switches on cylinder body.
Ask Destaco if that is an option. I can't believe it is not.

Wes