Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Sorta OT for Automation of Machine...

But sorta on topic because the machine it's working with is drilling four
1/2" holes in a pipe that is being clamped and automatically rotated and
slid into position... The customer is drilling a thousand holes in a pipe
with a single button push and a cheapo-PLC... But... He wants me to work
clamping into it now that the machine has run smoothly for a few years...

Why? Because it makes a better hole I suppose.

Anyone know if there is such thing as a pneumatic swing arm clamp (DeStaco
type) that has a dry contact electrical switch to provide a "proof of open
clamp" signal? Can't be moving or rotating that pipe if the clamps are
still closed... And I can control the clamp close / open cycle with my
pneumatic controls but can't provide a "proof of open clamp" signal to his
PLC without an integrated product...

Oh the things I get myself into...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.