Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Default abestos in the air, analysis recommendation?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Maybe a good product but the manufacturers and companies that used
it were the problem. Johns-Manville knew for generations that
constant exposure was a problem and hid that fact. Ask anyone who is
still alive (or their survivors) who has asbestosis or lung cancer
because they worked in a shipyard and were exposed to it without any
protection how much hype it is.

In the case of a painted ceiling, it is encapsulated in the paint. Yes,
working with the raw material was a problem, but in most every
other case, it is over hyped and not so. Different situations
entirely.
As for what the OP should do, I'd do nothing. Any problems are now
gone and I doubt it was a problem from the start. My wife and I did
our ceilings and I'd not hesitate to do it again.

I'm glad that Edwin is so positive about what is floating in the air the he
can't see.

If in doubt, have it tested. Piece of mind is valuable and I'm sure you
vaule your family's health.

--
Zyp