Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Boyd Carl Boyd is offline

Default How to increase the current carrying capacity of Titanium Anodizing Racks

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

We are a new anodizing rack manufacturer. Some of my customers want to
use titanium anodizing racks but they still want the high current
carrying capacity of aluminum racks.

How can we make such racks for them with high current capacity and
resistant to corrosion?

Thank you,

John Pun
www.anodizingracksonline.com

John

That's a tough task. Titanium conductivity is only about 10 % of aluminum.
I can think of 3 possibilities:

1) make them from bigger diameter or more rods

2) make them from hollow titanium tubing with an electrically bonded core of
copper or other good conductor, maybe you can plate the titanium on copper.

3) Find a titanium alloy that has better conductivity but retains the
corrosion resistance you want

Carl Boyd