Posted to alt.home.repair

Default abestos in the air, analysis recommendation?

"George" wrote in message
Maybe a good product but the manufacturers and companies that used it were
the problem. Johns-Manville knew for generations that constant exposure
was a problem and hid that fact. Ask anyone who is still alive (or their
survivors) who has asbestosis or lung cancer because they worked in a
shipyard and were exposed to it without any protection how much hype it
is.

In the case of a painted ceiling, it is encapsulated in the paint. Yes,
working with the raw material was a problem, but in most every other case,
it is over hyped and not so. Different situations entirely.

As for what the OP should do, I'd do nothing. Any problems are now gone and
I doubt it was a problem from the start. My wife and I did our ceilings and
I'd not hesitate to do it again.