Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Wooden Spoon - offset turning

Not know mustard beans? (gets poke in the ribs with elbow. "He must be from
the city :-)") Mustard beans are like dilly beans only witha mustartd
sauce. Realizing that this does not likely help, let me try again. Mustard
beans are typical snap or string beans pickled in a mustard sauce. My
grandmothers made fantastic mustard beans every year, being farmers, and mom
was great at them. Mrs B, for whom I make the spoons is about as good
although a touch different. Everyone brings a sublety to the kitchen and
mine are not up to either of the ladies'. Considering, tiny little fellow
that I am, that I can east a quart at a sitting, this is good turning trade
for me :-)

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
ok, I'll bite - what the heck is a mustard bean? Google gives me lots of
recipies but doesn't tell me what it is - I know fava beans, soy beans,
massour, tavour, urid and several other kinds of dahl (aka lentils),
chickpea, pea, and even jelly beans, but not mustard beans

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Bill
Good question about pricing. I only turn these under duress because of
the hollowing and sanding :-) For a price I get $10.00 and a quart of
mustard beans each. Good mustard beans too!

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate