Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default So when's the next water shortage due?

dennis@home wrote:

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
It's been ****ing down for months and the worst floods in living
memory. What that tells me is that we're shortly due for hosepipe
bans and water restrictions given that the water authorities in this
country seem to be totally unable to provide for uninterrupted
supplies of the stuff in one of the wettest countries on earth. The
usual excuse is that rain doesn't help them much because it just
runs away and doesn't actually get into the underground water table.
Maybe if it rained underground more instead of above it?

In the SE? Sooner rather than later as you lack storage for the water
and have too many people.

There is an extremely large reservoir located underground in SELondon.
Driven over it many times and never knew it was there.

How many days worth of water?

According to Thames Water...

"Honor Oak Reservoir is Europe’s largest underground reservoir, beneath
Peckham Golf Course. It holds enough water for 1 million people."

i.e. quite a lot :-)