Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Best plane for shooting

Markem writes:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:16:22 -0700, Robatoy
wrote:

On Aug 19, 5:38 pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 19, 1:57 pm, "Max" wrote:
So what is the best plane to use for shooting?

Probably an F-18 Hornet. (sorry, couldn't resist )

Max

Naaa.. A-10 (The most beautiful thing in the sky)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The A-10 is quite a machine but just
for looks I prefer the B-2. When my son was attending college in
Warrensburg, MO and I would visit, I would rush outside anytime I heard a
jet, to see if it was a B-2 from Whiteman AFB. (as I recall they also had
A-10s there.)

Max

I agree. The B-2 is really elegant and graceful. The A-10 is
scrappier. Apples and oranges, really. Ballet vs kick-boxing.
The F-104 Starfighter has always been my favourite 'looking' aircraft.
( Severely limited in terms of reliability, safety and usefulness, it
still looks 'hot'.) I always had a thing for the B-58 Hustler...that's
so ugly. it's beautiful.

My work was done upon the F-4E, the plane that proved with enough
thrust a rock can fly. (Glide ratio for an F-4 1 to 8 with forward
motion being the one).

My vote for the most beautiful thing in the sky is the XB-70.

scott