Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Capacitor Wizard

$199 is mighty steep.

Especially when you can duplicate the functionality with a discarded
SMPS for a laptop, a 1 ohm resistor, and a voltmeter.

That said, I do find an ESR meter INDISPENSABLE.. You'll discover
that most electrolytics more than 20 years old have gone WAAY up in
ESR.

Perhaps a bit steep, but I bought mine a decade ago and it's way more than
paid for itself even as a hobby servicer. There's a kit ESR meter out there,
I think from Dick Smith which is a lot cheaper, never used it but I built
their LOPT tester and have been pleased.