Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default Old Precision Tools... Help needed!

"Nick Mueller" wrote in message
Fred Fowler III wrote:

Was hoping someone in this group could give me a rough dating of the
pieces. I reckon it is hard to do just with pictures, but anything
helps... I have pictures he

Judging just from the look and not from experience:
The dividers 1880 .. 1920
The caliper 1900 .. 1930

But then, hard to say and I might be well off! Manufactures kept a design
for decades, because there is only little to improve.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Manufacturers do indeed make the same tool for decades, even generations! I
have some watchmakers, and jewellers tools that were sold new in 1895. The
same firms were still making identical tools, right down to the markings in
1980, when I shut down the shop. I am the third owner of the tools!

Steve R.

--
Reply address munged to bugger up spammers