Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Strange digital camera problem

A common thing that can happen in some devices, is that the battery contacts
may have been bent slightly out of position from using a different type of
batteries. See if you can pull the contacts more forward to have a better
position. I have seen this before on various devices.

I am assuming that you load tested the new batteries by trying them in a
flashlight or something to make sure that they are okay.

--

JANA
_____

"bob" wrote in message
I have a Fuji Finepix A345 that has developed an strange attachment to a set
of batteries and will not turn on with any others . Hopingh somebody has an
explanation.
The background is the camera uses 2 AA batteries and ran fine for years with
Alkaline batteries . A while ago I got some rechargeable Energizer 2500 mah
NIMH batteries and things continued to run fine ( put batteries in camera
works).
At some point I got some Empire Scientific 2500 mah NIMH batteries and
that's when the attachment began. The camera works with two of the Empire
batteries and no others ( not even the second set of Empire batteries)
I've tried dozens of other batteries and even made a store clerk open three
new packages of Alkaline batteries before I convinced myself that this was
happening.
Seems only these batteries will turn on the camera.
I've measured them and they are 1.28 and 1.32 V and new 1.5V batteries will
not turn the camera on. What I did see once however is the camera would come
on but only while the power button was being pressed in .
I'm interested in ant theories as this has me baffled
Thanks in Advance
Bob