Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker Ancient_Hacker is offline

Default Capacitor Wizard

On Aug 21, 12:31 pm, John Bachman
wrote:
Just when I told everyone that Cap Wizard was gone forever it rose
from the ashes again. Of course, I had never said that maybe it would
not have come back.

I have spoken with Doug Jones several times in the past two weeks and
he is getting the Cap Wiz back into production. We will have product
available next week.

Of course, AnaTek also has the Savr circuit for the Cap Wiz also.

John
The electronic repair center atwww.anatekcorp.com

$199 is mighty steep.

Especially when you can duplicate the functionality with a discarded
SMPS for a laptop, a 1 ohm resistor, and a voltmeter.

That said, I do find an ESR meter INDISPENSABLE.. You'll discover
that most electrolytics more than 20 years old have gone WAAY up in
ESR.