Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default So when's the next water shortage due?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Dave Baker wrote:
It's been ****ing down for months and the worst floods in living
memory. What that tells me is that we're shortly due for hosepipe
bans and water restrictions given that the water authorities in

this
country seem to be totally unable to provide for uninterrupted
supplies of the stuff in one of the wettest countries on earth.

Quite a few years ago I worked as a rep for Karcher & we had a

hosepipe ban
in the south east, which caused a bit of a drop in sales.

I was talking to one of the German guys about this.

He said he knew Kent, it was bordered by the Thames estuary & the

sea on
three sides and had a river running diagonally through it. He

couldn't
understand how we could have a water shortage!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

.... ah... but that would be during the time that the Germans owned
Thames Water no doubt G

AWEM