Posted to alt.home.repair
sym sym is offline

Default Working in Cellulose Insulation...

On Aug 21, 7:51 pm, Felder wrote:
Howdy all. Does anyone have a tip for working in an attic covered with
cellulose insulation? We have knob and tube wiring in the attic
covered with mounds of insulation at least 18 inches thick. I need a
way to get the cellulose insulation out of the way so I can trace the
wiring and inspect/replace it. I can't just shovel the stuff out of
the way because of the wiring. I'm tempted to take my leaf blower up
there this weekend and see how that works. Anyway, I'm open for
suggestions.

Thanks,
Felder

ahhhhhhh welcome to my nightmare. well a dust pan fits between most
bays nicely and maybe a bunch of trash bags, bag some and remove then
pile some of it in areas already inspected or void of wiring. hmmm
gonna be some cussin goin on.