Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default Weird power transformer problem

"N Cook" wrote in message
Ivan wrote in message
.. .

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message

When I was in Elementary School - they showed us "Film Clips" of
"Recycling Plants" - to do paper, glass, cans, etc.... Said a few

existed
in the world but more to come - it was the way of the future - to

recycle
and save our environment. Yet - here we are - producing JUNK - and

filling
the landfills with it all - and as for "Recycling" - it is NOT used in

all
areas for the "Intended" items and certainly not for electronics. Yeah,

agree - sooner or later - we're going to have some real problems.

One of the bigger towns near me "started" to do Recycling, but like all
"phases" - it passed. People are using the allocated color coded bins -
for other things now - much like those milk crates you buy in a store.
"Our" community has never offered recycling.

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but in one of the side

effects
now beginning to manifest itself here in the UK is the increasingly

growing
numbers of ancient churches having the lead stripped off their roofs and
even railways and electricity substations are also being targeted and
literally put out of action because of copper cable and fittings being
stolen. Apparently there is now such a famine of raw materials in China

that
scrap metal is becoming a very big and lucrative business.

L.

This used to be a third world phenomenon
in the last month in the UK
http://www.24dash.com/localgovernment/25306.htm
80 drain covers have gone missing from the Wokingham Borough Council
district.

http://www.hertsad.co.uk/content/her...ADOnline&categ
ory=News&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=newshadnew&itemi d=WEED09%20Aug%202007%2011
%3A10%3A03%3A053
Hatfield and Brookmans Park and more than 200 drain covers have been
taken.

http://www.burnhamandhighbridgeweekl...nham/display.v
ar.1615032.0.a_drain_on_resources.php
More than 60 have been stolen in the past two weeks.

Without wishing to stray too far off topic on a non political newsgroup, it
certainly depresses me to think just how rapidly our fragile materialistic
societies would descend into anarchy if the global economy abruptly went to
tits up... here is a link to a local news report from just a few days ago
http://tinyurl.com/2xt2qr