Andy Wade

Default lighting rose driving me nuts arrrr help!!!!!!!!!

"Mike Ring" wrote in message
52.50...

You've got me there, I must confess I went straight from fusewire
to MCBs.

Well this is what I sent to them via their feedback form:

There are several mistakes on your page about fuses at:
http://www.userview.net/consumerunit_fuses.html

1. The standard is BS 1361 not BS 1362 (1362 is for plug top fuses).
2. For immersion heater you meant to say 15 or 20 amp, not 5 or 20
amp!
3. For radial circuits the allowable floor areas were increased some
years ago: 50m^2 for the 20A circuit and 75m^2 for the 30A circuit.
4. Many showers (over about 7kW) will require a 45A fuse, not 30A as
stated.
5. On this page about fuses, the picture shows a consumer unit with
MCB's!"

I could have gone on: how often will a domestic immersion or storage heater
circuit require a 20A fuse?

Anyway, I received a very polite reply saying that they welcome the feedback
and will continue "to continuously improve" (sic.) the site. Oh, and could
I check all the wiring digrams for them! I think I'll send them a quotation
for doing that...

So I guess it's not such a nice site

I hadn't come across it before. The pictures are nice, most of the
electrical information is OK, but, like everything on the Web, there are
traps for the unwary novice.

--
Andy