Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Behning Jim Behning is offline

Default Shop heat

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:17:10 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Jim Behning" wrote:

You got me there.

That was 1963, the year they established the no parking, snow ban
ordinance when there was 2" on the ground.

We lived about 600 feet from Lake Erie.

Where? I probably sailed right past your place.

Over the years, kept my boat in Fairport, Cleveland, Lorain, and
finally Sandusky.

Living along the lake affords some protection from the lake itself.

The folks on the east side get the best of it.

Lew

I lived in Bay Village from 1963-1983. For year in the middle of the
city at the low spot east of Cahoon Park. Low spot was Glen Park Road
which had a mini valley and a creek running down the middle. Next
house was on Bradley Road which was close to the wedge of the city.
Both houses were 3-4 houses from the actual lake.

One of my neighbor talked about the huge beaches we used to have at
Bay Village. She had a picture of 100 feet of sand on the west side of
the city where I lived. I guess there used to be a lot of cottages
down there before they raised the water level.

My wife lived in Chardon which was east of Cleveland and always got
dumped with the most snow.

I was on a big sailboat once for an hour at night. I think I was on a
dingy, tiny sailboat where we tried to go from our neighborhood to
Cahoon Park and back. Slow going in a little boat I vaguely recall. I
was not much of a water person.