Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HDTV antennas & complaints

On Aug 20, 5:19 pm, PaPaPeng wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:18:40 -0500, wrote:
I suppose I will have no choice but to buy a convertor, but I surely
will make a big fuss about it with whatever governmental agency is
behind this conspiracy to promote the sales of HDTVs

The only argument in the government's favor is that HDTV transmissions
are digital and require only a narrow bandwidth. This frees up a lot
of very valuable bandwidth for other non-TV applications. Digital
signals of course allow a lot of extra services, interactive services,
etc.

Wrong again Pa Pa. The move from NTSC to ATSC that you have your
shorts in a know about, has zippo to do with "interactive services"
And that's because last time I checked ATSC, just like NTSC is one
way, ie from the transmitter to your antenna. There is no channel in
the other direction to support interactive anything.

Offhand I can't think of any compelling ones yet that wil make
me want to buy a HDTV set .

And why am I not surprised? LOL