Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default HDTV antennas & complaints

"George" wrote in message
Jim Yanik wrote:
Smitty Two wrote in
news
That particular phenomenon has nothing to do with digital *or* hdtv.
That's called "aspect ratio" and it's something that the television
user can (and should) adjust to match the source material. DAGS.

Aspect ratio should be automatic.

DTVs seem to have a feature which you can toggle on to fill the whole
screen. If you happen to be watching 4:5 programming it stretches
everything out. It drives me nuts but when I mentioned it out to a few
people they couldn't get it even when I pointed out that round things
shouldn't look ovals and everyone shouldn't look like a sumo wrestler.

Chuckle. Same problem with wide PC monitors stuck on old PCs that don't
support that native resolution.

aem sends....