Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default HDTV antennas & complaints

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 20, 4:55 pm, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

(snip)
are on a Comcast "Basic" cale, not HD cable.

I am *not* looking forward to what this "improvement" is going to cost
me.

If you have cable, the improvement will cost you zippo. The cable box
already supplies NTSC, S Video, Component, whatever you're using.
That isn't going to change. The only folks impacted are those that
receive NTSC over the air.

I did not know that.

Thanks for the good news.

Uh, not entirely true- in some areas served by the biggies, and especially
tiny 'house' cable systems like some apartments use, if you only have basic
cable, no set-top box is involved. 1 cable, wall jack to 'cable ready' TV.
(the apartments I lived in until recently were like that, and the basic
cable my sister had at her house were like that.) Or are they going to start
converting the signal at the head end before they send it down the wire?

aem sends....