Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default OT dogs and saddness

Tom:

Have said it before and say it again - if you want to be a diplomat,
get cat - if you want a loyal companion who wants nothing but to
please you and would die for you, get a dog.

You've probably shared more ups and downs with your dog than any
other living thing on the planet, including friends and family. So it's
understandable that the decision to free her from pain and suffering
is a really tough one - for you.

But who of us would not wish to leave this life by falling asleep,
free from pain and suffering, secure in the arms of someone who
obviously loves us and cares enough to make our passing as easy
and comfortable as possible.

Convey the love you have for her as she goes - and cry later because
you miss her. And remember her over the coming years with fondness
and affection - even if that sometimes may bring a feeling of loss
- for those fond memories will surely cause many more smiles than
tears. And I'm betting there will be some Laugh Out Loud memories
that will pop up when you least expect it - perhaps during a church
service?

You're doing what's best for your friend - though it is hard on you.
Sometimes that's what friendship means.

And come spring - should a puppy become available . . .

charlie b