Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default OT dogs and saddness

Tom Nie wrote:
Today we have to put our 8yr old Rotweiller down. She's had lymphoma sarcoma
cancer and this is the end of the line. She's been with the wife and me
since we got married. She's a like a child of the family. We trained her
carefully and her behavior has always been outstanding.

I've prayed for wisdom and guidance for determining this final day. It's
rough when you're the one in control of that destiny.

She's been the lovingest, smartest dog of all my 65 years. This will hurt.

TomNie

Tom, making this decision speaks well of you. To keep her around would
be selfish, to let her go is the final gift you can give her. In the
wild, things would have ended long ago, so she's relying you to give her
the release that is her due. You are doing the right thing to repay her
loyalty to you, given without consideration of the cost, with your own
loyalty to her, given despite the cost.

It's a tough call ... but I think you are making the right one.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000767-2, 08/20/2007
Tested on: 8/20/2007 4:16:07 PM