Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Light Switches and Power points in extension - height?

wrote:

What do the regulations say concerning an extension to an existing
(1950s) house? Can I (or a suitable part-P qualified electrician) put
the light switches and power points at whatever height I want in the
extension (e.g. at the same height as in the original house), or do
they have to be at the new regulated height?

Part M only applies to new builds IIUC. So if you follow the rule of
making things no less accessible than they were in the first place you
should be fine.

--
Cheers,

John.