Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Light Switches and Power points in extension - height?

In article . com,
wrote:
Put the at whatever height you want.

Thank you. I will.

My problem Lurch is that I recalled similar advice from you, to
someone else, here on this ng a couple of years ago. OK, that's not
the problem - my problem is that my architect is telling me otherwise.
I don't have the time+skill to do his job (though I'll probably do the
wiring), and I worry that building control / inspectors might be
equally difficult. Where does it say that extensions to old properties
are exempt?

Wouldn't be the first time an architect doesn't know his arse from his
elbow. Until I see otherwise in writing from a reputable source only total
new builds have to conform to this stupid regulation. Waist high sockets
are a safety hazard through trailing cables and should only be allowed
where actually needed.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW