Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob the Tomato Bob the Tomato is offline

Default lost my yellow plastic safety key!

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:27:18 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"largecorp" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi, folks,
I inherited a nice, big Delta belt/disc sander (like this one:
http://www.cpowoodworking.com/sanders/31-695.html ), but it seems to
require one of those little plastic safety keys to make it run--mine
is missing.

I know I could probably call Delta and request a replacement, but does
anybody know a work around? I like to do a little sanding right now!

You mean other than shorting the switch? No, sorry.

What's REALLY funny is that the safety is there to prevent kids from
hurting themselves on saws or other power tools. But the little,
attractive, yellow thingie is just right for a little kid to be
tempted to put into his mouth and choke on. I wonder if the CPSC has
ever considered this...

Bob the Tomato