Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Faurot Michael Faurot is offline

Default Best plane for shooting

wrote:

So what is the best plane to use for shooting?

I don't about "best" but what I've been using is a wooden plane I
made in the Krenov style with a Hock 1-3/4" blade and chip breaker.
With my wooden plane, I've made it with a large enough opening on
the top for the wedge and blade that this becomes a nature hand
hold when the plane is sitting on its side. I've also used a #5
jack plane, but it's not as easy to grasp as the wooden plane.

remove ".invalid".