Posted to rec.woodworking
rchanson rchanson is offline

Default Shop heat

No one has mentioned pellet stoves. I live on an island in the
Seattle area. No natural gas, Propane is very expensive here because
of the extra cost of bringing it on the ferry. I chose a pellet
stove. Works wonderful and heats the whole shop (1200 sq ft with high
ceislings) in 30 min or so. I do have a ceiling fan which helps a
lot. The wood pellets burn very hot and a big advantage of a pellet
stove is that one does not need a chimney. Just cut a hole in the
wall. Of course it has to be insulated. Works great!