Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PhattyMo PhattyMo is offline

Default Oknyo DX-C390

vey wrote:
PhattyMo wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
"vey" wrote in message
This is a 6 CD player. I've had it for a few years. I like it
because I can control it through the amp's remote.

Powers on okay.
Carousel will not rotate and it will not attempt to read a cd.

Before I open it up, does anyone have any ideas on what to look at
first?

Problems in the power supply would be the first thing to check for.
Possibly a missing rail ? Motor volts are often a separate regulated
supply on players, and all motors (loading, spindle, sled) are
usually fed off the same rail. You could try manually shifting the
laser up its slides a bit, and then powering on. If laser homes, then
probably not a power supply issue. If it stays where you pushed it
to, then it may well be.

Arfa

Motors usually get gunky after a while too.
Cleaning the motors out might help for a bit,until the commutator
glazes over again. (usually the problem that I run across.)

Much easier than I thought.
Opened the top, saw a ribbon cable connected to the top board, unplugged
it, replugged it and it started working fine after that.

LOL! Nice..

I once fixed a friends Playstation that had Coke spilled on it.. simply
by taking it apart,and putting it back together.Worked fine after that.
*shrug* :-)