Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Disassembling a leaded cast iron pumbing joint?

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:30:54 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

Stan, do you also have a 'plumbers torch' or what used to be called a 'pot'.
When I was a teenager in the 50's I bought one at Sears so I could melt lead
for a few pipe joints I was working on. After that it was for fishing
sinkers, soldiers, fun etc.

I'm surprised that I have never seen a use 'pot' for sale ever since the
early sixties. I attend flea markets and garage sales frequently and have
NEVER seen one.

Ivan Vegvary

I bought one new from Pascal's Hardware in Ottawa in 1977 or 1978. I
still melt lead over a propane camp stove, a coffee can wind shield
speeds things up nicely. Most of my lead comes from old lead covered
cables.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada