Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair

Default Anti-spam measures. Was: ZENITH COBRAMATIC MONO TURNTABLE-AM/FMTUBE AMP/TUNER- SPEAKER- parting out Ebay- $10 each

msg wrote:

DeserTBoB wrote:

snip

Please take a moment to forward his spam post, along with complete
headers and adding "SPAM from 216.222.224.snip" in the subject line,
to:

snip

Please consider a bit more research before complaining about abuse
from a particular IP address; often there are many users behind
NAT these days, operating in an entirely unrelated manner to each
other, with a single visible public IP address. It is not fair
to them to make a blanket condemnation. Dedicated spammers can
redirect their trash from many IP sources as well, including
public terminals, hotspots, and infected PCs. An effective
anti-spam campaign really needs to address the issue of zombies
first.

IMHO Usenet would be well served by a conversion to auto-moderation
of technical newsgroups that are plagued by spam. In addition it
would help to improve the terribly poor signal to noise ratio
in some groups (in recent years) caused by the bad behavior of
some participants.

Regards,

Michael

That spammer has been pouring his crap into rec.antiques.radio+phono
for years. His ISP is either spinless, or blind with greed.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida