Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Fireplace damper

arjay wrote:
I have sold my house with a vent free gas log. The inspector says we
need a device on the damper to keep it open about 1/4-1/2". He says
it is something like a small c clamp.

Is anyone familiar with such a device? I can't find one on the
Internet. Maybe I can just get a small c clamp.

You will easily find such a thing at your local fireplace store. Its
called a "damper clamp" and if you search for that (and skip the
motorcycle hits), you'll find one. Or try searching at
"fireplacesnow.com"
The problem you really have is the definition of "vent free." You
and the inspector don't agree. The buyer can possibly waive his
"finding" or you have to fix it.

--
Grandpa