Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Problem accessing the rec

I have a question. I use Thuderbird for mail and newsgroups and my ISP is
Earthlink. For about two weeks now I have not been able to access
rec.woodworking. I have contacted Earthlink, spent two hours or so with
tech support and nobody could come up with a clue as to what could be the
problem. They were nice about it and even called me on the phone twice,
several days after the marathon troubleshooting session, with suggestions,
but, alas, to no avail. I have no problem with this group or the one other
group to which I subscribe.

Earthlink seems to have changed their news group servers. I was not getting
either the rec or a.b.p.w. I also spent a couple of hours with earthlink
support.

I had to:

1) Change my news reader to use nntp:news.earthlink.net (used to be
nntp:news.west.earthlink.net or something like that).

2) Unsubscribe and then resubscribe to the desired news groups.

3) Resync all messages (this last step may not have been necessary).