Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Glen[_2_] Glen[_2_] is offline

Default Problem accessing the rec

How are y'all.

I have a question. I use Thuderbird for mail and newsgroups and my ISP
is Earthlink. For about two weeks now I have not been able to access
rec.woodworking. I have contacted Earthlink, spent two hours or so with
tech support and nobody could come up with a clue as to what could be
the problem. They were nice about it and even called me on the phone
twice, several days after the marathon troubleshooting session, with
suggestions, but, alas, to no avail. I have no problem with this group
or the one other group to which I subscribe.

Questions:
1. Has anyone else had any problems of this sort?
2. I know so many of you are real experts in computers (I am as far from
expert as one can get)and I have come to respect the advice that many of
you offer (yes, I know this should, perhaps, be asked in a computer
using group, but I think of many of you as friends), thus I am asking if
any of you have any idea or suggestion as to what the problem could be.
I have un-subscribed and re-subscribed to the group. I have disabled
all filters and have tried all sorts of other things. I am at a loss.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Glen

PS I feel like a junkie in need of my fix - I MISS MY REC!