Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default trash can?

On Aug 17, 5:40 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
OK, this is a little OT, but I am not certain where else to post this...

where can one find a simple, stainless steel kitchen trash container
with a foot pedal that you step on to open the lid that is worth a crap?
Latest version is "simplehuman" which wasn't cheap - I think it is
this one

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...plastic-lid-re...

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it with
your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine, albeit
too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Hmmm...I have two plastic "Sterlite" ones that are not foot pedal
operated. Just bump the handle with hand, plate, whatever and the lid
springs open. Been so long since I bought them (SHOPKO) I can't even
guess. One has a broken spring so I have to give the lid an assist
with my hand but the other is still operating.

I have had various foot operated models. Never was satisfied with any
of them.

Harry K