Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trash can?

OK, this is a little OT, but I am not certain where else to post this...

where can one find a simple, stainless steel kitchen trash container
with a foot pedal that you step on to open the lid that is worth a crap?
Latest version is "simplehuman" which wasn't cheap - I think it is
this one

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...ctangular.html

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it with
your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine, albeit
too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Medical supply house?

SD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...astic-lid-rect
angular.html

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it
with your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out
aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine,
albeit too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

Take a gander in Bed Bath & Beyond http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com or
Linens 'n Things http://www.lnt.com. Not saying you'll find a gem but
their quality can be above WalMart and The Borg.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

[...]

Also check the Container Store if there is one in the area. I like the
medical supply suggestion, probably real money, but would last several
lifetimes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...plastic-lid-re...

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it with
your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine, albeit
too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Hmmm...I have two plastic "Sterlite" ones that are not foot pedal
operated. Just bump the handle with hand, plate, whatever and the lid
springs open. Been so long since I bought them (SHOPKO) I can't even
guess. One has a broken spring so I have to give the lid an assist
with my hand but the other is still operating.

I have had various foot operated models. Never was satisfied with any
of them.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...id-rectangular
.html

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it with
your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine, albeit
too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

Never looked for them there, but McMaster Carr might carry some
industrial models. www.mcmaster.com if you don't have the catalog.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
OK, this is a little OT, but I am not certain where else to post
this...
where can one find a simple, stainless steel kitchen trash container
with a foot pedal that you step on to open the lid that is worth a
crap? Latest version is "simplehuman" which wasn't cheap - I think
it is this one

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/...ctangular.html

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it
with your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house
with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to
abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all
the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out
aggressions.)
any suggestions?

Check out your local janitorial supply store. Get the professional
stuff not the designer stuff.

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old
oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine,
albeit too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

FYI, if you send simplehuman an email or call them they will send you the
parts that broke for free, mine did and they did, in fact they sent 2
sets..no charge, not even shipping. I wasn't ecstatic when it broke, like
you said it's NOT a cheap item, but they do seem to stand behind their
products.

--

Mike S.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
[...]

keep or trash: hot tub and deck? peter Home Repair 7 April 24th 06 05:09 AM
ENOUGH with the OT trash Rick Soulsby Woodworking 7 January 13th 06 03:22 PM
Well, I put the trash can separator on top of the DC! Toller Woodworking 14 November 30th 05 03:59 AM
Trash Wood? Oregon Woodworking 7 May 28th 04 12:36 PM
GMC 7-1/4" Circular Saw Keep it or Trash it Ron Woodworking 7 December 29th 03 03:18 AM