Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Wooden Spoon - offset turning

Maxwell
I have to get his books one of these days. I am a sucker for lathe books
whether I know the stuff or not. There is always something new to learn. It
would not surprise me if Darlow had such a project in his books, people have
been turning spoons a long time. One of the standard turnings in historic
Sherbrooke Village is spoons because the turners can then sit and carve the
bowls while talking to the tourists. Thye turn them the same way they did in
the 18th century and likely before.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Maxwell Lol" wrote in message
"Darrell Feltmate" writes:

We had a discussion going a short while back on offset turning or
eccentric
turning. I just had one of those "hit yourself ont he head and say duh"
moments. A friend wanted some wooden spoons and the handle and bowl need
be offset from one another. It is a simple and easy project and great
skew
practice. I put up a http://aroundthewoods.com/woodenspoonproject1.html
project page but it will be a while before I have the video ready.

I think one of the Mike Darlow books describes how to make a spoon on
a Lathe.