Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Wooden Spoon - offset turning

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
news:uR7xi.98116$tB5.37626@edtnps90...
We had a discussion going a short while back on offset turning or
eccentric turning. I just had one of those "hit yourself ont he head and
say duh" moments. A friend wanted some wooden spoons and the handle and
bowl need to be offset from one another. It is a simple and easy project
and great skew practice. I put up a
http://aroundthewoods.com/woodenspoonproject1.html
project page but it will be a while before I have the video ready.

I've done them that way, but prefer to carve and shape green wood to any
shape that strikes my fancy. It is a good way of making things symmetrical,
if that's what you're after. About the only things I do regularly any more
are the paddle/fork salad sets.

These are a good place to use a small cup center. The 60 degree point is
just asking for trouble.