Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.rec.models.engineering
Austin Shackles Austin Shackles is offline

Default Clarke CL500M lathe / mil

On or around Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:09:45 +0100, "Nigel"
enlightened us thusly:

Is there perhaps a draw bar (from the other end) that is screwed up
so holding the Morse Taper in tight?

I spoke to the very helpful tec support guys at Clarkes. There was a draw
bar holding it in, and after removing that and a bit of thought around what
the drift was supposed to be doing, it pop out.... didn't even need by
favourite hammer

Thanks for your help

drawbar on it's big brother (CL12-summat), certainly. Loosen it about 2
turns and tap the top of the drawbar is my technique, then unscrew it. Helps
if you make a chamfer around the head of the drawbar to stop it getting
flattened and making the spanner fail to fit..
..
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ \ ...and Kill them.

a webcartoon by Howard Tayler; I like it, maybe you will too!