Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul[_3_] Paul[_3_] is offline

Default Where to find steel wedges?

"Wally" wrote in message
Sometime back I was given a couple steel wedges, just hard flat steel
about 1" wide, 1/4" thick at the fat end and tapering down to nothing.
I have looked all over locally (Tacoma and Bremerton, Washington) and
no one has them. I found some on McMaster-Carr and ordered them, but
they are sort of a hollow ground at the fat end, not the same. And
they are relatively expensive.

Pipefitters use them, I have found them useful for all sorts of
spreading and aligning. Anyone know where to find such a thing?

Wally,
MSC (mscdirect.com) sell them also. They call them clamping wedges, they're
on page 1067.
Paul