Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default Where to find steel wedges?

On Aug 16, 8:11 pm, Wally wrote:
Sometime back I was given a couple steel wedges, just hard flat steel
about 1" wide, 1/4" thick at the fat end and tapering down to nothing.
I have looked all over locally (Tacoma and Bremerton, Washington) and
no one has them. I found some on McMaster-Carr and ordered them, but
they are sort of a hollow ground at the fat end, not the same. And
they are relatively expensive.

Pipefitters use them, I have found them useful for all sorts of
spreading and aligning. Anyone know where to find such a thing?

I have no idea, when you find a good source, let us know. I could use
a small batch of those. Maybe some day I'll just knuckle down at the
B'Port and make a bunch.
I'd bet a machinery setup/repair/moving supply might have them, but
probably expensive...