Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Steve R.[_2_] Steve R.[_2_] is offline

Default Tools, tools, tools

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:10:17 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

The P51 engine (if that's what it is) would be almost priceless. Heads or
not.

Oh come off it! They're not cheap, but they're hardly "priceless". A
few tens of thousand, depending on model and condition.

If you want a Merlin (Hey, I'm a Brit), there are two dealers for them
and their spares within an hour's drive of my house. And that's not
counting R-R themselves, who are just down the road.

One possible problem. The P51 used a Packard Merlin. As far as I know, many
parts were not interchangeable with the RR Merlin.

Steve R.

--
Return address munged to bugger up spammers