Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Delta Jointer 37-220

The swinging fence is from the infeed table side
and it pivots from the adjustment mechanism.
The manual indicates that you clamp the table down,
but I can't see yet that there is something on
the machine that does that or you just use
a clamp. I'm away from the machine for
the next 24 hrs so I'll take another look
tomorrow.

Here's the link to manual and exploded parts
diagram:

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/PubDeta...1141&PubID=490

OK, that's the rear fence guy. I still don't exactly follow you about
"clamping the table down" -- what do you mean more specifically?

And I don't follow "swinging" as a description of a normal movement on a
jointer fence, either, but I'll presume you're talking about the angle
of the fence wrt the table surface. I would call that a rotation. If
you're asking about how to lock the fence in position, as the manual
describes, it is a two-function handle. The rear acorn nut locks the
angle of fence to the table while the handle in the most forward
position tightens the slide against the bracket to lock the fence in
position. When adjusted correctly and tight, the fence will be rigid.
If that isn't the case, something isn't adjusted correctly or perhaps
you don't have all the original pieces of the fence mount or something's
broken or...

If I'm not on base w/ your question, try again...