Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] mjmwallace@gmail.com is offline

Default Delta Jointer 37-220

First off, thanks to dpb and Patriarch for the

After re-reading the manual, the second hole on
the outfeed table is for another guard. The
manual states that it will provide additional
safety because the cutters behind the fence
will be covered. I guess that happens if you
narrow the fence, I always just leave the fence
to rear.

The swinging fence is from the infeed table side
and it pivots from the adjustment mechanism.
The manual indicates that you clamp the table down,
but I can't see yet that there is something on
the machine that does that or you just use
a clamp. I'm away from the machine for
the next 24 hrs so I'll take another look
tomorrow.

To let you both know. I tested both the tables
and the fence and they were FLAT! I could only
get a .001 feeler gauge in one or two spots.
I just need to get the blades sharpened and the
head cleaned up and it's good to go!

Here's the link to manual and exploded parts
diagram:

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/PubDeta...1141&PubID=490

Thanks again!

MJ Wallace