Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Tools, tools, tools

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:10:17 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

The P51 engine (if that's what it is) would be almost priceless. Heads or
not.

Oh come off it! They're not cheap, but they're hardly "priceless". A
few tens of thousand, depending on model and condition.

If you want a Merlin (Hey, I'm a Brit), there are two dealers for them
and their spares within an hour's drive of my house. And that's not
counting R-R themselves, who are just down the road.

Then, as you say, let's pop down there and pick up a set. I'm sure there
are different grades. Some in original cosmoline. Some in original boxes.
Others reworked several times.

Oh, come on! They're valuable. Quit nit picking. It's not something the
average "bloke" would have laying around their garage, or even have a need
for in their lifetime.

Steve